Wednesday, August 11, 2021

Weighted Painting

 After a lot of trial and error, I have seemingly figured out how to paint weights on the mesh so that distortion is at the very least limited to a small amount. Painting weights onto a rigged character's skin allows for the character to be controlled with the rig, without deforming the areas of the mesh surrounding that particular joint. This allows for a more realistic and natural look with movement and posing.

This tool allows me to select each joint, and paint the region of movement that should be available for that area. With this rig however, I have had trouble with the skeleton being slightly off with the hands, and can't seem to figure out a fix to get them truly centred.



No comments:

Post a Comment

The Conclusion

 This past year of study has taught me a lot about both my work and myself. Character design was always something I thought would be way abo...