Monday, August 16, 2021

Squidward

 The third and final character made in the collaboration between Niall Platt and I is Spongebob and Patrick's neighbour, Squidward Tentacles.

This character fits better with the style of the Patrick one, as I wasn't too happy with how Spongbob turned out initially, however once in Niall's museum, it fit rather well. This Squidward sculpt appears similar to how the grotesque closeups look in the show, which is something I wished to achieve with all of the characters.

Adding the grosser details like the lumps and veins was fun, as it really brought the idea of a 'cursed' squidward together.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Conclusion

 This past year of study has taught me a lot about both my work and myself. Character design was always something I thought would be way abo...