Sunday, April 25, 2021

Sunday Sculptin'

 Recently I've been playing The Binding Of Isaac a lot, and thought it'd be fun to try and sculpt one of the bosses from it, Monstro.

I tried to be as quick, yet accurate as possible with this sculpt which only took me two hours in total, from sculpt to finished polypaint. This was fun little challenge as the only reference I used from the game was a flat 2D image from the boss' sprite sheet. It was a really fun exercise as it felt easy to bring the 2D character into 3D.  I hope to make a few more characters and bosses from the game as the style is nice and simplistic, which is fun to practice with. 





I used a mixture of two reference images for the short sculpt, one being a front on fan art version and one being a slightly side on game sprite.


I tried to capture the angry eyes from this sprite plus the exaggerated cartoonish forehead vein.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Conclusion

 This past year of study has taught me a lot about both my work and myself. Character design was always something I thought would be way abo...