Monday, April 26, 2021

Monkey Monday

 Today I decided to go back and try something in the style of Sea Of Thieves again, my in game pet monkey, Frank.

It was again a quick sculpt, taking roughly 2 hours in total, with a further few minutes to add a touch of poly paint. I feel as though this sculpt was decently successful as it seems to fit in well with the style of Sea Of Thieves. However, I do feel as though the mane of the monkey could have been better, as to me it feels too chunky. Due to this being a quick one day study, I will not be going back to change anything on this sculpt and will instead be starting a new one afterwards.

This in-game image I captured was what I used for reference, I feel as though if I spent longer on it I could have got a lot closer to the reference, however I used this sculpt to practice how fast I could create something stylised.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Conclusion

 This past year of study has taught me a lot about both my work and myself. Character design was always something I thought would be way abo...