Tuesday, August 17, 2021

A Large Task

For the final project of this semester, I plan on sculpting my own face. I feel like this would be a fun exercise as I can have a constant reference in front of me by using a camera. I feel it will be difficult to achieve a good likeness however, as everyone perceives themselves differently to how others do, meaning I will have to focus extra hard on the tiny details of my face that I wouldn't usually notice when looking in a mirror. I also want to carry out this project as I think it would be fun to have a model of my own face that I could manipulate with different hair styles, scars, clothing etc to put myself in all sorts of different scenarios which I wouldn't normally be able to see. As with the Arthur Morgan sculpt, I plan to keep myself unpainted as I need to study more into the realism side of character painting before I feel comfortable painting a realism sculpt for a final piece. However, the studies I intend to carry out will be done so using both Arthur and myself as a base for learning the painting techniques.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Conclusion

 This past year of study has taught me a lot about both my work and myself. Character design was always something I thought would be way abo...