Wednesday, August 11, 2021

Second Character Retopped And Rigged!

 After the success of the first character, the second character retopology took a lot less time, and the rigging also came a low quicker. This time the character sits at a nice 16k polys, with it's higher poly version sitting at 1.5 million polys. This drastic drop has allowed for the character to maintain the detail I included with the sculpt using baking, while maintaining a nice and easy set of polys to work with for rigging, and for ease on my computer's power.

A difference I noticed with the retopology for this character, was that I didn't include enough polys on the shoulders, which led to the arms being slightly thinner that it's original model.

I feel as though I have improved the edge flow for the retopology since my previous character, as this one seems to contour more to the positioning and flow of his body.


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Conclusion

 This past year of study has taught me a lot about both my work and myself. Character design was always something I thought would be way abo...