Tuesday, August 10, 2021

Some Simple Rigging

 As a small test I decided to see what the basic IK rig would do when automatically added to my character, and the results were surprisingly good. The rig works as expected with joints all placed in the right parts of the character, allowing for movement in most areas. One big issue is that there is no blend weights, meaning that on some joints such as the the neck, the character will deform when that body part moves. This can be prevented with blend weights, which will be the net thing for me to learn in this finalization part of character creation.

The working IK rig on Daniel.

Stretching and deformities seen due to a lack of blend weights.


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Conclusion

 This past year of study has taught me a lot about both my work and myself. Character design was always something I thought would be way abo...