Tuesday, August 3, 2021

Experimenting With Detail

 Over the last two days, I have been putting a lot of effort into the finer details of my Arthur Morgan bust. While this has proved difficult, it has turned out rather well so far. Doing the finer details also means that I've broken the symmetry of the bust, enabling more realism to be portrayed.

While I am happy with the detailing of Arthur, I feel as though I may have jumped into it a little too quickly, as some of the areas I have added detail in are a little too low res for the realism I wish to achieve (for example the scar on his chin.) Overall however I feel as though this detailing has been successful, as to me the character appears as though he should. I have also experimented by adding a cigarette in Arthur's mouth, something that his character would do in the game, which is something I haven't tried before in realism.
While experimenting with the details of Arthur's face, I also wished to experiment with fibermesh facial hair, as Arthur often sports a beard in the game (should the player wish). I feel as though this addition to the sculpt really bring it together as the character I am trying to portray. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Conclusion

 This past year of study has taught me a lot about both my work and myself. Character design was always something I thought would be way abo...