Saturday, June 5, 2021

Progress

 The first character is coming along at a nice pace, with the basic forms of the torso now in place and ready to be taken further. The smaller details is my next step for the character, such as refining the hair, wrinkling the clothes and adding details to the boots and skin of the character.

The overall shape of the body came out quite close to how I wanted it too, with thin, skeletal proportions compared to the larger head, hands and feet. More detail is definitely needed to bring this character to life, such as wear and tear on the clothing, veins in the arms and hands, actual fingers on the hands, and finer details on the boots. 
With the idea of the character being old and gnarly, I decided to add a few moles around the head ( including the back of the head) to give him a more aged appearance. I have also added a rough block-out of teeth into the mouth which will eventually be gold to give the character his signature look. I will also be implementing large noticeable scars to this character's face to emphasize the fact that he lives a rough and dangerous life.

Overall the progress on this character is coming along nicely, and I'm excited to finish him and start to texture.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Conclusion

 This past year of study has taught me a lot about both my work and myself. Character design was always something I thought would be way abo...