Monday, June 14, 2021

A Desperate Need To Finish Hands

 As the character gets closer and closer to being finished, it's becoming more and more evident that I need to stop delaying making the hands. Working on the painting, it's becoming glaringly obvious that the arms are still unfinished, as I've come to a halt with the arms. Leaving the hands shaped as they are would still be a valid option as they do hold the form of a hand, yet I wish to present even further character development using the looks of the characters hands, as I wish to portray them gnarly and boney with thick veins are scars throughout. 

The main issue I would have with leaving the hands in the shape they are, is placing objects in the characters hands would look odd, and I wouldn't be able to get accurate looking grips on anything with the 'mitten' like hands he has now. This leads me onto an idea I wish to carry out where the characters are sat in a lawmen versus outlaws scenario after some sort of robbery. This idea is just something I am playing around with, as I'm uncertain I will have the time to complete a fully rendered scene along with all the characters, yet I am optimistic that I can get some poses for each character at least. For this, I will also need to plan and make some props that fit the style of the characters, such as some stolen money bags, gold bars, a bank backdrop and maybe some weapons. This idea is heavily reliant on the fact that I can finish these characters and successfully rig them so that I can pose them in this way.

I have also remade the teeth to give them more of a uncomfortable veneer type look, implying that they sit rather oddly in his mouth. I did this so that it could emphasize the feeling of this character being so ignorant of the way he looks, implying that the character only got the gold teeth as some sort of status symbol and didn't bother thinking of the practicality of their size of shape, leaving him with a constant pushed open mouth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Conclusion

 This past year of study has taught me a lot about both my work and myself. Character design was always something I thought would be way abo...