Friday, April 30, 2021

More Sculptin'

 In the game Sea Of Thieves friendly wildlife consists of pigs and chickens. Because of this, I thought why not make another farm animal to fit in with them, a cow.

This exercise was one of the more interesting of my latest stylised studies, as trying to capture the style of Sea Of Thieves on something I hadn't done before was a bit of a challenge.
The form of the cow is both simple and soft, yet appears solid where it needs to be (the bone structure and horns) allowing for the cow to hold a sort of cartoonish form yet still be well recognisable as the animal it is.

For this sculpt, I simply used reference from a few images of real cows, along with a picture of the pig from Sea Of Thieves, so that I could get the nose and the eyes to fit in with the style of the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Conclusion

 This past year of study has taught me a lot about both my work and myself. Character design was always something I thought would be way abo...