Monday, March 1, 2021

An Odd Project

 Over the christmas and new years break, my family and I got a new puppy; Daisy. Due to her colourings and breed we always joke that she looks sort of like some fried chicken, and so I thought i'd try and capture that in a sculpt as a bit of a fun creative practice, as well as an experiment to see if I could create more than just characters.

Initially, I was happy with how the final sculpt turned out, with it being another stylised realism look, yet leaning more towards the stylistic side of things. I was happy with how she appeared as fried chicken too, as the curly fur she has complimented the idea of batter.






















After the painting however, it was clear that the fur looked off, and more like some kind of lumpy fudge rather than fur itself. Overall however though, I am happy with this experiment as I have found enjoyment in creating something unique and interesting rather than a simple character's face.


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Conclusion

 This past year of study has taught me a lot about both my work and myself. Character design was always something I thought would be way abo...