Monday, February 22, 2021

Weekend Sculpting

 Sunday morning I woke up in the mood to try and sculpt something I haven't tried yet, so I decided to make a clicker from Naughty Dog's The Last Of Us, as it doesn't have a proper face, it instead has a large covering of fungal plates. I thought this would be a fun experiment to see how well I could make something new to me and how fast. Overall the sculpt took me 4 hours from starting sculpting from a sphere to finishing painting in Zbrush.

It was especially fun to put all the gross details into the sculpt like the mottled rotten skin with the wounds, and the veins coming out of the plates. If I continue to work on this sculpt, I will be adding a neck and additional fungus dotted around, I will also have separate individual plates of fungus on the head rather than just one that I've duplicated. This was a fun experiment to do as I've found I can produce some interesting looking sculpts in only a short amount of time, with a higher amount of detail than I usually add for my stylistic approaches.
One thing I want to change is the origin of the fungal plates from the face, as on the concept art for the clickers, it sprouts directly from the chasm in the centre of the head. With this in mind I want to recreate the plates on the head entirely and get them more accurate to the original concepts of the clicker.




No comments:

Post a Comment

The Conclusion

 This past year of study has taught me a lot about both my work and myself. Character design was always something I thought would be way abo...