Tuesday, February 16, 2021

A Splash Of Colour

 During the last week I have been continuing the second character sculpt, and also adding colour using the painting tools inside of Zbrush itself. I have really enjoyed this as I've never tried painting directly onto a model before. I has allowed me to achieve the look that I wanted without constantly having to import the textures from Photoshop over to Maya to see simple changes.

Due to the way the painting in Zbrush works, I've had to bring the tris up to accommodate the detail in the painting, and allow it to be exported after I'm finished without any compression or loss of detail.

Here I have tried to make the texture for the character look semi gross and old to give the character that sort of thin, evil look I had originally intended when sculpting him.

I also added a bit of sun damage around his forehead, nose and cheek area to give the impression of carelessness when the character is in pursuit of evil deeds.

I chose to avoid giving the character eyebrow hair as I wanted to give a sort of deranged kind of appearance where he doesn't mind too much how he looks, so would not care.








I decided on a rough looking dirty blond for the hair as I felt that darker hair would make the evil look much too obvious as stereotypical villainous characters have darker hair / clothing. 

I am very happy with the outcome of this character as I feel like I have represented a clearly obviously evil looking character simply with the sculpt and colouring.










No comments:

Post a Comment

The Conclusion

 This past year of study has taught me a lot about both my work and myself. Character design was always something I thought would be way abo...