Tuesday, February 9, 2021

Accessories and a second sculpt

 After finishing the first sculpt of a stylised character, I have begun to create accessories for him to give him a few new looks. These along with the hair styles have given me a wide amount of potential characters or traits from this single sculpt, giving looks that could fit with a host of genres.


















I have also begun work on a second sculpt with a more heroic look to the facial features rather than this thin villainous look to see if the same sort of looks can be achieved. During the sculpting of this I used references from main characters in games such as Arthur Morgan from RDR2, Nathan Drake from Uncharted, and Booker Dewitt from Bioshock Infinite. These characters have heroic like facial features that make them appear friendly yet also hold a leader like look.


















Here I have added some block colour phong materials to give of the stylised plastic look I was aiming for, I have also attempted to go for some less conventional hair styles this time with the mohawk in order to give the character more personality. This combo has become my favourite as it gives him a sort of ragged apocalyptic survivor sort of look. When I create the accessories to go along with the character I will be adding some welding goggles and cyber pieces to help aid this look.


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Conclusion

 This past year of study has taught me a lot about both my work and myself. Character design was always something I thought would be way abo...