Sunday, October 11, 2020

The Interesting Logo Of Sea Of Thieves

 I started playing Sea Of Thieves at the beggining of lockdown with my friends and it hsa quickly grown into one of my favourite games of all time. The art style inspires me heavily, and the game play is magnificent. Due to cross platform play too, I can play it with my little sister while she's at home and I'm at uni, almost every Wednesday me and my friends set up a voyage with my sister on board and play until late. 

One of the most interesting things about the art style of Sea Of Thieves is it's unique and inspiring logo.

(Sea Of Thieves Logo by Rare)
Aside from it representing the game perfectly, the logo uses a silhouette technique to represent a skull (a huge part of the game), by placing a glimpse of everything the game offers in one small scene through the mouth of a cave. This is something I wish to be able to achieve in my work, as it looks so simple, yet is so effective in telling the player what to expect from the game at the same time. 
Often, Rare will use a more simple logo for advertisments and trailers, where the logo is just a silhouette of the skull with simpler imagery.
Over the next few days I wish to try something similar to this and create an image out of models that share a theme, and see what sort of things would be easy to create, and what wouldn't.








No comments:

Post a Comment

The Conclusion

 This past year of study has taught me a lot about both my work and myself. Character design was always something I thought would be way abo...