Friday, October 9, 2020

Hidden Imagery Test

 

After my last post about the Sea Of Thieves logo, I have done a mockup scene out of the stylised models I've made from the previous tests. I purposefully didn't make any shapes this time so that I could pick one out and try and see where I could insert one.

Here I picked the between the trees and the shack to turn into a brigantine. Obviously if I do create the island for real, I'll need to add more space between the shack and the trees, and allow for a few more interestingly shaped objects to create the ship. I feel as though using stylised models for this would be the most effective way forward as they can allow for the stretched and exaggerated silhouettes that would allow the form of the boat to be seen.
One thing I will have to bare in mind is that the Sea Of Thieves logo does not change the original shapes of the objects just to fit in the hidden imagery, so I'll have to come up with a way to fit in the boat without distorting any of the models I have placed in the scene. One work around I could possibly use for this is placing the objects far apart along one axis, so that they can overlap without going through each other. For example if I wanted two trees at different sizes in the final scene, I would place one furthur behind the other to create the illusion of size rather than scaling it down in the scene itself. This can make it so I can pick a good angle to represent the hidden imagery without blatantly inserting it through the use of an altered model and distort something for the sake of the silhouette. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Conclusion

 This past year of study has taught me a lot about both my work and myself. Character design was always something I thought would be way abo...