Tuesday, October 6, 2020

A Sharper Outline

 The third model I wanted to try, would tie in the other models in the pirate theme. A staple in pirate imagary from movies to game to historical accounts, the pirate's cutlass.

As we see from the test, the cutlass is a great example of stylisation because just moving a single area of the shape can give an entirely new look. The blade and the handle being moved slightly creates a new style of cutlass. It was fun to play with the edges and vertices to create new shapes.
I decided to try an extra bit of stylisation for the model in Maya, then altered the rest of the silhouette in PhotoShop to give it a more used look. I enjoy the final look of this one even though it isn't really pushing the boundries of the silhouette as a whole. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

The Conclusion

 This past year of study has taught me a lot about both my work and myself. Character design was always something I thought would be way abo...