Monday, October 5, 2020

The Shack

 My second model that I wanted to test the styles of was a shack, as I'm trying to make a series of models themed around deserted islands or pirates. I expected the shape to be harder to recognise than the barrel, yet it seemed to be recognisable throughout the stylisations.

From the style test, I found that while stylising the shack provides some interesting angles, its quite easy to distinguish what the model is and continues to fit the same style as the barrel.
Once again though, with the most stylised variant, I can clearly imagine the world in which it comes from.
For this model I will be stylising it further still as the iterations are still recognisable and doesn't fully push the boundries. 
So far this test for the shack has been semi successful as instead of pushing the boundries of the silhoutte, it has inspired me to furthur explore the theme of a run down pirate like island.




From this test I have realised that some objects cannot be stylised too extremely as there is no furhur way to change it without just ruining the shape in the wrong way.
Plus, for a shack, wooden poles and metal sheets can only look so stylised without losing the hardness of the materials they are. 
I feel this has been a successful test of model however as it's shown me the extent of itself while remaining the shape it was meant to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Conclusion

 This past year of study has taught me a lot about both my work and myself. Character design was always something I thought would be way abo...