Tuesday, October 27, 2020

A Continuation

 The next step I wish take in my stylisation experiment is with the textures of the models. For this experiment, I aim to create two varients of a bunch of models., one standard shaped and the other stylised. Both variations will have a realistic texture and a stylised texture. I will also be testing the boundries of the stylised texture itself to see how simplistic I can make it while still representing the texture of the model itself. For example, I shall take the stylisation far enough where it will end up as single block colours with miniscule amounts of detail. 

For my first test, I will be making assets from my favourite stylised game, one I've talked about a lot before, Sea Of Thieves. I will then be giving the assets a hand painted texture similar to what they look like in the game, and also a realistic texture in Substance Painter. I feel as though this may make the difference between stylised and standard a lot more obvious, as stylisation has ways of working with the texture to create the odd shapes they produce. The first asset I wish to test will be a gunpowder barrel, as they are simplistic enough in my opinion that they could look quite normal with a realistic texture on.




No comments:

Post a Comment

The Conclusion

 This past year of study has taught me a lot about both my work and myself. Character design was always something I thought would be way abo...