Sunday, July 25, 2021

Finished Patrick Star

 After the changes to the face and body, I have re-painted the character and have finished his final appearance.

In this repaint, I have aimed for a more cartoon appearance closer to the look of the show, with inspiration from some of the infamous grotesquely detailed images that appear in the show. Adding the body hair and veins dotted around gives the character a grosser appearance which is something I had been aiming to achieve. 

Since the last post, I have also refined the shape around the shorts to make them sit more naturally, and appear as though they are a separate entity than the body, as previously, feedback from a friend was that the shorts simply appeared painted on rather than the character actually wearing them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Conclusion

 This past year of study has taught me a lot about both my work and myself. Character design was always something I thought would be way abo...