Tuesday, June 15, 2021

First Character Finished!

 Goldtooth McGee, the first character in the outlaws and lawmen group is finished and is ready for rigging. This character was a little bit of experimentation with full body, as I've never attempted one before. This has allowed me to learn the basic forms of a stylised human, and test the waters for how well I can produce a full character. Overcoming the fear of a full character was the hardest part of this as I always felt as thought it was something near impossible to learn, especially after coming from just making heads so far. 

Generally, I am happy with the outcome of the first character, and am excited to start the next one with extensive coverage of each step I take for each section of character creation.

Something I feel I need to work on for the next character is proportions, as I feel that this character's are slightly off (even by stylistic standards), with the head looking a little small and the hands looking a little too large. 

With rigging being the next step for this character, I will attempt to have the second character on the go at the same time to hold an increased and efficient work flow that will allow me to produce finished work quicker, and potentially allow me to create the scene if I finish in time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Conclusion

 This past year of study has taught me a lot about both my work and myself. Character design was always something I thought would be way abo...