Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Recognisable Stylised Shapes

 A lot of memorable family friendly games have widely recognisable characters and/ or objects that players of all ages can confidently identify just from the silhouettes. A successful stylisation of a character can be recognised without any colour at all.

As we can see from these three silhouettes, a successful franchise can be recognised without any detail at all. This kind of stylisation is something I truely admire. The ability to create recognisable characters with exaggerated forms is something of a marvel, and sets a president of admirablility I wish to follow.

Even the main objects from the three games are extremely recognisable from the silhouettes, though the stylisation is not as extreme on the objects as they are on the characters. The objects clearly fit into the same world as their characters, and this is something I want to master more. I wish to be able to create a model that inspires the onlooker to be able to picture the very world I picture when designing it. I want to be able to be shown a character and design something that fits their world and their style seemlessly. 


























(Crash Images: Naughty Dog)

(Mario Images: Nintendo)

(Sonic Images: Sega)

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Conclusion

 This past year of study has taught me a lot about both my work and myself. Character design was always something I thought would be way abo...