Wednesday, September 30, 2020

About Me

 Who am I?


My name is Tom Waude, and I'm doing my Masters Degree in Games Design.

All my life, I've always loved games. The first game I ever played was a game called Bubble Bobble on my Dad's old GameBoy, and since then I've not stopped playing them. In 2002 my Dad came home from work trying to hide a brand new Xbox from my Mum (unsuccessfully) with Halo: Combat Evolved, which I played religiously. Whenever I played games back then I was always mesmerized by how it all worked and due to my age, I believed it was some form of magic. 

I've always enthusiastically enjoyed stylised artwork and games in which the world is oddly proportioned, such as Crash Bandicoot. The style of these games has always inspired me, and as a kid, I'd draw out little worlds in these misshaped styles. I've kept this love of stylised work throughout college and university, in all the projects I've worked on.

For example, during the final project for college, I decided to make a stylised marvel model showcase.
While the models aren't really oddly shaped, they were basic and block-coloured with a toon shader, giving it a comic book feel.











No comments:

Post a Comment

The Conclusion

 This past year of study has taught me a lot about both my work and myself. Character design was always something I thought would be way abo...