Saturday, August 21, 2021

Finished Tom

 I've finally reached a point where I can't get any closer to my own face, so I have decided to wrap up the sculpt with a bit of skin texturing to bring it together. I have chosen not to add hair, as I am regarding this as more of a final study rather than a final piece, with the Arthur sculpt being my main final piece.

Here I have broken the symmetry of the sculpt to get as close to my face as I can, which I feel somewhat happy with. I feel as though this is something I can come back to in the future in order to get a better, more accurate render of myself once my skills are improved. This likeness study allowed me to properly examine the finer details of the human face, yet also taught me that properly lit reference imagery can help a lot more than simply using different angles.
One of my biggest critiques I can find is that this sculpt feels like a more aged version of myself rather than my current self. This I feel could be down to the volumes of fat and their placements around the face, specifically the brow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Conclusion

 This past year of study has taught me a lot about both my work and myself. Character design was always something I thought would be way abo...